Tuesday, October 23, 2012

T.A.R.D.I.S., RN

This past Sunday, T.A.R.D.I.S. and I earned his RN title.



This was not quite the run I had hoped for though. While I figured my dog was plenty able to handle it, I had actually sprained my ankle pretty badly the day before while running the Savage Race.

Due to the sprain, and the fact that it hurt pretty bad, I was limping. A lot. T.A.R.D.I.S. was apparently not used to my limping, and not sure how to heel along side me. He wanted to go his normal speed, which caused a lot of tight leashes. I also tripped on him more than once, causing a 'dog interference', and then towards the end, he got agitated with our slow speed in something that is normally fast and upbeat, so he started barking at me.

I was kind of embarrassed at our poor performance, but we still managed a 78. We still qualified. We didn't place, but we got our title ribbon.

As I'm not a die-hard competitor, I'm okay with this. My dog is doing his job.. and maybe next time I'll try not to put him through the ring with me hobbling around.

No comments:

Post a Comment