Sunday, April 24, 2011

Let's Try That Again...

Hello again!

It has certainly been a very, very long time since I've written here - and I'm hoping to turn that around.

I am also going to change the direction of this blog - I started out feeling jaded, annoyed, and many times arrogant about the way people handled their dogs.

I've changed. 

I've also changed the title of the blog to reflect that. (A paws in the conversation isn't always a bad thing, you know!) I have removed a few posts that I found less than helpful. I am also using the blog as a way to improve my writing, so I am aiming to have a regular schedule of one new post each Sunday.

You can expect to see posts related to dogs, dog training, legislature, dog shows, therapy work, and some very personal posts related to what is happening with my own dogs.


So with that said, consider this an introductory post!

My name is Vicky, and I live in Central Florida. I am married and both my husband and I work full-time. We own our house, but it is very small - 908 square feet. I don't make a lot of money, but I make enough.

Most importantly - I have three dogs! Cozmo - All-American Dog, Thunder - German Shepherd, and Delilah - Great Dane.

They are all three spoiled house dogs, and they all three sleep in the bed with us. We have a king sized bed, and it does tend to get a bit crowded - but at least we are never cold! We walk a lot and we visit as many dog friendly places as we can but our favorite place is the beach.

In addition to the dogs, I have a Siamese cat, Jenny; two ferrets, Alice and Spatula; and a tank full of fish.

I spend a lot of time with my local dog club, The Imperial Polk Obedience Club. I do occasionally compete in dog shows, however, I am by no means a professional. I also teach a basic obedience class for puppies, and I spend an lot of time researching different methods of dog training.

I have a list of topics I want to write about, so I'll just write them. Again, I am aiming to have one post each Sunday as I have a very busy schedule to maintain.

No comments:

Post a Comment